The most overbought stocks in the consumer staples sector present an opportunity to go short on these overvalued companies.
RSI is a momentum indicator, which compares the strength of a stock on days when prices go up and days when prices go down. Compared to a stock’s price action, it can give traders a better understanding of how the stock is likely to perform in the short term. An asset is generally overbought when the RSI is above 70.
Here is the latest list of major overbought players in this sector.
Beyond Meat, Inc. Beyond
- The Wall Street Journal reported that Beyond Meat’s chief brand officer is leaving the company. in the company’s stock 52-week high of $68.06 ,
- RSI Value: 70.03
- BYND Price Action: Shares of Beyond Meat closed up 11.3% on Monday at $16.83 and were down 0.1% in after-hours trading.
Dole Plc Dole out
- Dole reported healthy third quarter earnings during November. Company’s The stock is at a high of 52 weeks of $15.78.
- RSI Value: 71.73
- Dole Price Action: Shares of Dole closed up 3.9% at $10.50 on Monday and added 1.1% in after-hours trading.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, Sab De CV KOF
- B of A Securities upgraded the stock to Buy from Neutral and raised its price target to $157 from $137. Company has a 52 week high of $75.17.
- RSI Value: 71.31
- KOF Price Action: Shares of Coca-Cola FEMSA closed up 3.6% at $73.38 on Monday and rose 0.4% in after-hours trading.
Estee Lauder Company Inc. el
- Morgan Stanley recently maintained and increased Estee Lauder with an overweight price target From $271 to $281. The company’s 52-week high is $324.70.
- RSI Value: 72.36
- EL Price Action: Shares of Estee Lauder closed Monday up 2.6% at $274.49.
Company Cervecerías Unidas SA ccu
- The company’s stock has gained 17% in the last one month. company 52 week high of $17.21.
- RSI Value: 77.63
- CCU Price Action: Shares of Compañía Cervecerías Unidas closed up 2.5% at $15.07 on Monday and fell 3% in after-hours trading.
Read more: 3 stocks insiders are buying: Coinbase Global and more
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.